A Delicious Dish for a chilly day! Its ooey gooey yumminess is perfect for a cold Fall or Winter day. If you feel like more substance, add some spinach or broccoli to the dish!
2 packages Brown Rice & Quinoa gfree penne pasta
4 cups almond milk, or other non-dairy milk
1/2 cup gfree all purpose flour
1/2 cup vegan butter (I like Earth Balance sticks)
S & P
Vegan cheese shreds (2-3 packages, depending on your preference, I like 3)
(Mix it up with Mozzarella & cheddar varieities)
1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese
1 cup gfree bread crumbs for the topping
Sprinkle of dried parsley for top
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Melt butter in a Large stockpot.
- Take off fire when butter is melted & stir in flour. Stir ’til smooth.
- Add 1/2 tsp. salt & 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper & mix altogether.
- Put back on fire & gradually add the 4 cups of milk. Keep stirring, being careful not to scald the milk. When it begins to bubble & thicken, it’s ready to set aside.
- Pour pasta into pan with sauce & add cheeses. Stir around until all coated.
- Pour all of this into a large rectangular baking dish (Or you can individualize into separate ramekins per person).
- Top with bread crumbs spread on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil for 10 minutes. Bake in 350°F oven.
- Take foil off & bake for 15 minutes longer.