This was a delicious breakfast! It took some time to make, but well worth the wait. I served these with fresh fruit on the side & it was a perfect meal! Hope you enjoy!!
2 green peppers, washed, seeded & sliced in rings
1 block of firm tofu
frozen or fresh spinach cooked with garlic salt to taste
6 mushrooms, cleaned, sliced & sauteed in coconut oil, s & p
2 Tbspn. almond milk or other non dairy milk of choice
2 Tbspn. vegan parmesan cheese, plus more to sprinkle on top
2 Tbspn. potato starch
2 tsp. tahini
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. salt
dash of ground black pepper to taste
chives, to sprinkle on top
2 Tbspn. coconut oil to sautée per 2 filled peppers
1. Clean mushrooms as you wish (I rinse lightly & dry). Mince them. Sautée mushrooms in coconut oil. Add s & p.
2.Cook spinach with very little water. Spinach has a high water content, you don’t want spinach to be watery. Add garlic salt to taste.
3. Mix spinach & mushrooms together & sautée together for a minute to meld the flavors.
4. Blend tofu, milk of choice, parmesan cheese, potato starch, tahini, onion powder, turmeric, salt & pepper.
5. Place oil in a sautée pan & sautée sliced peppers. While sauteéing, pour in tofu “egg” mix, sprinkle top with chives & extra parmesan to taste.
6. Sautee 2-3 filled peppers on one side for at least 5 minutes on medium heat. Make sure they don’t burn. Place on baking sheet that is sprayed with cooking spray.
7.Cook for approximately 5 minutes in 350°F oven.
These are so yummy! Enjoy!!