It’s nice to be back posting on my blog again. It’s been quite awhile! With all of the holidays & writing my cookbook, plus being sick with stomach issues for 5 weeks, I am finally able to post a blog post! I Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season! My family & I had a fantastic Christmas & New Year & had a wonderful visit with our daughter during her winter break from college! I have since discovered that I have an even more limited diet now & will be researching & creating recipes to post here & for my cookbook. So stay tuned for some simple & delicious new recipes!
Here’s a recipe to start us off! Happy Winter to you all!!
1 can chickpeas (Reserve liquid if you wish for homemade whipped cream-look for one of my first posts for the recipe) (Rinse & drain)
1 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp celery salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
1 head romaine lettuce (washed, dried as a whole)
s & p
- Rinse inside & outside of romaine lettuce head. Keep lettuce intact. Shake off, then dry on paper towels or clean dish towel.
- Place on sheet & drizzle olive oil on both sides of lettuce head & sprinkle with s & p & Parmesan. Place on a grill until there are grill marks on lettuce & is crispy as you like it.
- *If you wish, you could drizzle a little bit of Caesar dressing or leave as is. I like it without the dressing.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan. Pour in rinsed & drained chickpeas.
- Pour in each spice & stir & cook until heated through & browned. *Caution: The chickpeas begin to pop when the pan gets hot, so be careful that they don’t pop around & get you. Place a cover on saute pan if you wish & stir often.
Enjoy!! It is a delicious meal for lunch or dinner.