Breakfast: One of the favorite meals around my household, especially on weekend mornings. I made apple muffins & they came out delicious! I did use eggs to get them to rise better & make them richer. You can make these vegan as well, but they may not rise as much. They are very good vegan also though! Enjoy!
2 cups gfree all purpose flour (with xanthan gum already in flour)
1/2 cup sugar
3 tspns. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup soy milk
1/4 cup soy nog (yummy flavor in the muffins)
2 tbspns white distilled vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 egg, beaten (or 1 smashed banana for vegan version)
2 small apples, peeled & diced very small
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line the muffin tins with paper liners (Makes 24).
- In a Large glass measuring cup, measure out both milks with the vinegar. Let sit & curdle.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine milk mixture, oil, egg & vanilla extract. Blend well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients all at once. Stir until just moistened.
- Fold in the apples.
- Fill muffin tins with muffin mixture to almost the top.
- Bake on 375°F. for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack, then enjoy!