These Heavenly bundles are decadent & lavish, but so worth it! I make these only for special occasions & I had made these for years with regular puff pastry dough, until I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a couple of years ago. I had missed these desserts, but one day I found a market that carried g free puff pastry dough!! They were quite pricey ($9 for a package of 2 sheets!! Yikes!!), but worth it for this rare treat! I made 2 kinds. One was my traditional dark vegan chocolate & walnuts; the other, a new combo, was an apple/cranberry/pecan bundle! Oh my!!
defrosted g free puff pastry sheets
Enjoy Life mini dark chocolate chips
chopped walnuts (about a cup’s worth)
- Prepare the dough according to instructions on back, but after rolling out the dough to an inch thickness, using a pizza cutter, cut into squares.
- In each square, pour on top: 2 TBSP worth of chocolate chips & 1/2 tsp of chopped walnuts.
- Bring the sides up & twist ends to “wrap” your bundles.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets on 425°F for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 3-5 minutes & sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Apple Cranberry Pecan:
5 apples, peeled & diced into small pieces
1 1/2 cups cranberries
1/8 cup sugar (for apples mixture)
plus 2 TBSP more sugar (for cranberry mixture)
1 cup chopped pecans
- Follow the same rules of the dough as the chocolate bundles but using a different filling.
- In 1 saucepan, cook diced apples with 1/4 cup-1/2 cup water (Depending on how mushy you want apples, either like an applesauce or like soft apple pieces), 1/8 cup sugar & 1/4 tsp cinnamon. Cook for a few minutes on med-high heat, then simmer til very soft but not mushy, for about 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In another saucepan, cook the rinsed cranberries with 2 TBSP sugar til bubbles on high heat (Few minutes), then simmer for 1o minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Mix together the apples & cranberries in one saucepan or a bowl & mix in the pecans.
- Scoop the filling into the squares & pull up & twist (Just like the chocolate bundles).
- Bake at 425°F for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool 3-5 minutes & sprinkle with powdered sugar.
These were a delight! Hope you enjoy them!!