So it appears I’m on a breakfast journey lately & here’s another recipe for you! My family & I love to sit out on the back patio enjoying a light breakfast of fruit & muffins with a coffee or tea near the garden! We are a close family that loves to talk about the garden, our adventures for the day, regaling our happy memories & our future dreams. What better way to do that than with a delicious blueberry muffin! I admit this sounds like a cheesy commercial, but hope you enjoy the recipe along with the cheese! :D!!!
2 cups G-Free all purpose flour with xanthan gum added
1/2 cup coconut sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups almond milk
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 Flax egg (1 TBSP flax seed meal & 2 1/2 TBSP water mixed together & put aside)
1 TBSP Bragg’s apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp real vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries
1 tsp grated lemon zest
Earth Balance butter spread & more coconut sugar (This is optional as a topping)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Put liners in muffin pans. It usually makes approx. 18 muffins.
3. Measure out almond milk, vinegar & vanilla extract together in measuring glass & set aside. Let curdle.
4. In medium bowl: combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt & cinnamon.
5. In small bowl: combine the milk combo along with the flax egg, lemon zest & oil. Blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once. Stir just until the mix is just moistened.
6. Pour into muffin tins & top with small spoonfuls of blueberries & push in lightly.
7. Place in a preheated 375°F oven for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. When finished, while still hot & in the tins, spread a little butter on top with the extra sugar, if you wish. You can omit this step if you don’t want the extra sugar. It can just give it that little extra something as these can be hearty. It depends on your preference.
9. After about 5-10 minutes of cooling, pop them out carefully & enjoy!!
We like ours warm from the oven, so we tend to eat them right away or after up to 5 minutes of cooling.